Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My "How was it?" answer...

Thank you for checking this out. By now, you know that in January, I went on a mission trip to Haiti w/ 9 other people from my local church. Our "mission" was simple: share our love, hope & time with orphans.

It is not easy answering the question, "How was it?" that friends have asked me since returning. Yes, it was life-changing, accomplishing such a seemingly small & insignificant mission. Somehow though, I was able to realize, in the moment even, how significant it all actually was.

But returning to our real world here, I'm realizing it is unlikely that you and I are going to find the time to sit down over a hot Starbucks (or a cold beer) so I can share a few of these stories. And, really, I'd be all over the map, anyway. So instead, I'm going to share those stories here.

Before I start, please know this...

1. I'll keep these thoughts short.

2. I'm not a "blogger"...please excuse my grammatical errors.

3. I am not a "missionary" as you already know. I do not make my own cloths or churn my own butter (though I'd probably love that butter). I am a hard-charging, high-octane 100% commission guy who likes making money and closing deals. I love my 2 kids, and cherish the responsibility of being their dad. I'm madly in love w/ my wife of 11 years. I'm a suburban Tampa guy who is about the last person you'd peg to do any mission trip anywhere, let alone to a 3rd world country like Haiti...to hang out with someone else's kids.

4. I am not politically correct. So please don't take any of my raw thoughts & comments here as offensive. But, surely as iron sharpens iron, I'm encouraged that you can challenge me to become a better human being, and vice versa.

5. I am not religious. I'm just simply trusting & following Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. There is a difference. My faith is the root of why I went to Haiti. Lets remember, orphan children are orphan children, regardless of what you or I do, or do not believe about God. Their lives, and these stories, are super-food for the soul.

Now, 3 steps from here:

1) put your email in the box at the top of this page, right below "FOLLOW BY EMAIL" (just below the pictures at the top of this page).

2) type in the spam-buster word & click "submit"

3) check your email & click the link to confirm you really did subscribe to this

From there, you'll be emailed when I share...I hope to do so about once a week. (I won't spam you, I don't even know how.)

No comments:

Post a Comment